In honour of the Florence International Biennial Antiques Fair, Moretti Fine Art and Bacarelli Gallery organized a special event at the church of Santo Stefano al Ponte in Florence.
The church of Santo Stefano al Ponte was originally constructed in the 11th and 12th century in a Romanesque style with a polychrome marble facade. The interior featured three aisles. In the 14th century, the exterior was renovated. Of the original facade, only the marble work around the portal remains. Between 1631 and 1655, the interior of the church was renovated to convert the three aisles to an open hall. A crypt was added and the interior was redesigned to include a choir.
September 26, 2015